My Makeup Bag Essentials
Happy Tuesday, friends! Today I wanted to share my holy grail beauty essentials for creating my everyday look. Since I'm usually at either work or class, I tend to stick with a natural look. If I'm feeling a little extra that day, I'll add a bright lip color or even some shimmer to my eyes. Since I'm always traveling to my boyfriend's place on the weekend, I keep everything in my Vera Bradley cosmetic pouch so I can just throw it in my suitcase and go!
I have very fair, sensitive skin, so I'm very selective with the products I put on my face. If the consistency isn't formulated correctly, I will break out and have red patches. (Nobody wants that!) I'm a big advocate for reading product reviews and hearing from other bloggers. I've tried several different products over the years, but finally found the perfect ones. These products are definitely my favorite and sensitive skin approved!
1. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear SPF 15 Foundation - This is definitely worth the splurge! The coverage is amazing and it lasts all day. It even goes on smoothly without streaking for the perfect amount of coverage! Plus it has SPF, so what's not to love?
2. Revolution Luxury Baking Powder - An associate at Ulta introduced me to this and I've been happy with it ever since. After applying foundation, put a small amount of powder on your T-zone. It will absorb some of the oils produced throughout the day and leave you looking less oily by the end of the day. I just started using baking powder this past fall, but it's honestly made such a difference! Plus, this bottle lasts forever! Instead of spending money on a high-end powder, definitely check out this one!
3. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser - This product has been part of my makeup routine for so long that I don't even remember when I started! This is the perfect primer for any dry, patchy areas or troublesome spots. It doesn't "erase" pores completely, but helps prevent oils from making them worse.
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - BEST MASCARA EVER! I'm sure y'all have already heard the buzz about this product, but it's seriously the best. I don't use the waterproof version, but it lasts all day and doesn't flake! Ever since I found this, I will never use another mascara!
5. Lancome Cils Booster XL - I just recently started using this, but it's an eyelash primer that's intended to condition your lashes. You put it on before your mascara or even by itself. I haven't been using this long, but it seems to be making a difference! This was said to be a dupe to the Rodan & Fields Lash Boost, so it was worth a try!
6. Ulta Full Coverage Concealer - I only use concealer when I have bad breakouts, but it is excellent for covering them up! However, I can't use too much or else it gives me an orangy look!
7. Ulta Under Eye Primer - I HIGHLY recommend this product to everyone! It's infused with caffeine to help reduce under eye bags and dark circles. Even if I'm not planning to wear eyeshadow that day, I still apply this product. This product is life-changing!
8. Benefit Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eye Gel - Best eyebrow gel by far! Sam, my eyebrow specialist at Ulta, applies this product every time I get a brow wax and it's definitely my favorite. Not only is the color perfect, but I love having a spooly brush applicator. It saves one extra step in the morning!
9. Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color - This product in particular isn't a go-to for me, but the color is perfect. I ordered this during a friend's Mary Kay party and it definitely does the job. The color is rich and the application is smooth, but I will definitely go back to tarte once I run out!
10. Ulta Glitter Eye Top Coat - To be honest, I'm terrible at applying eyeshadow. I always make a mess and never know how to blend it. Instead of applying different colors, I always turn to a glitter top coat! This one has a white tint, so you see more glitter versus color. I feel like adding a little bit of glitter makes any outfit pop!
1. Revlon Eyelash Curler - My lashes are long and straight, so they always need to be curled. I do this right before I apply mascara, so my lashes have that polished, feminine look!
2. Real Techniques Stippling Brush - Stippling brushes are my favorite for applying liquid foundation. The product goes on nicely and the brush doesn't leave streaks. It's very well made and doesn't lose bristles easily!
3. Ecotools Blending Sponge - I seriously can't praise Ecotools enough. I'm such a fan of their products! Not only are their brushes the softest things ever, but the quality is fantastic! I use this blending sponge for applying concealer and it's so much easier to handle than a normal beauty blender. I definitely recommend purchasing Ecotools if you haven't already!
4. IT Beauty Oval Brush - I don't know the technical name for this brush, but it's definitely the world's softest brush. I use it for applying setting powder because the product comes off the bristles easily.
5. Cover Fx Contour Brush - This brush is meant for contouring, but I use it for applying blush. It's the perfect size for my cheek, so one swipe and I'm good to go!
What are some of your go-to makeup essentials?